I have just been for a lovely walk with Kobe, Rosie and Captain Poldark along The River Hamble and seen the very first wild blackberries this year.
Did you know blackberries are loaded with antioxidants, plenty of fiber and vitamins.
I think they are great as an occasional treat for your dogs in small quantities.
Kobe, finds the Blackberry bushes himself and chomps all the ones at head height. Today I'm calling him my 'Squashed purple faced monster' 😂
Another nice thing to do is to place one blackberry in every ice cube compartment inside an ice cube tray and top up with water and then freeze. This will create a lip smacking frozen treat.
Another thing you can do is...
Blackberry Treat Recipe
• 16 ounces fresh blackberries
• 2 cups oats, 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 cup butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the blackberries into a food processor or blender and puree. In a large bowl, mix the puree with the remaining ingredients. Use a spoon to drop bite-sized pieces onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. The size you make them will depend on your dog's size. Cook the treats for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let the treats cool completely. Store the treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Freeze additional treats for up to three months.
Did you know that rawhides often contain glue?.
I know I wouldn’t eat something that had been submerged in bleach and then with glue.
Rawhides are also largely indigestible for a dog.
Here are some natural alternatives.
Happy Chomping. x
How to cool a dog down.
CONSULT A VET FOR ADVICE.
Dogs do not have a very efficient way of keeping the body cool as they are unable to sweat and can only lose heat through panting.
Signs of heatstroke.
There is no need to worry about hot weather at Puggeroomie.
I have bought a few additional extras to prepare as temperatures are set to rise this coming week.
Puggeroomie ensure all dogs in our care will be cool, calm and cosy.
Here is a list of things Puggeroomie do and have put into place.
1. We walk early mornings and again late evenings. When the weather is most cool.
2. We stop all travel in the Puggeroomie van unless the journey is absolute necessary, for example an emergency. *Please note collection and delivery times may alter but you will be advised accordingly prior to your booked dates.
3. A supply of fresh regularly changed water is supplied in clean bowls dotted around The Cottage and grounds.
4. Puggeroomie have two paddling pools. So every roomie has room for a good splash and paddle.
5. Puggeroomie have many gel cooling mats to ensure every roomie has one mat to themselves.
6. I erect large parasols in The Courtyard Garden to offer lots of shade.
7. Puggeroomie also have large mature trees in the rear garden for those cool my belly grass lay downs.
8. Puggeroomie have play tents.
9. Puggeroomie have a dogs only fridge and freezer full of cool treats, frozen treats, doggie ice cream, cold carrots and cool berries/fruit plus more.
10. We have pet friendly fans.
11. Wet towels can be provided.
12. Fun games with the garden hose.
Oh the list in endless everyone....
If in doubt please ask.
Joe 07494573230 xx
Absolutely thrilled to receive a beautiful present from Walter & Florence for looking after them. ♥️ xx
Here is their website..
Thank you Gorgeous Walter and Beautiful Florence. Kisses x and x
PUGGEROOMIE PET TAXI.
Proud to announce Puggeroomie have a shiny new van. An unsigned silver ford transit connect.
All dogs can travel safe, secure and comfortable inside.
If you prefer...
Puggeroomie can collect your dogs and bring them back home to you. Puggeroomie can also take your dogs to the groomers, the vets plus other appointments you may have.
Prices for our Pet Taxi service will be carefully negotiated. Based on time and distance of travel.
Good Morning Everyone,
Let’s talk KONGS...
To make these yummy dog treats last longer, simply place the filled kong in the freezer and wait until it is frozen. Stuffed toys are great for keeping our dogs occupied, mental stimulation and promoting calmness.
Here are some great kong filling ideas for you all. If you can think of anymore please add them in the comments below so we can all share our kong ideas x
Dog safe peanut butter
Paste beef/fish etc
Food left overs (as long as its dog safe)
Apples (no core seeds)
Natural baby food
Water Melon (seedless)
Sugar snap peas
Fish & meats
Honey (in moderation)
Happy Kong Stuffing hee hee x
Our Kobe loves Marmite........
For a much faster and secure way to pay me please click the button below.